March 2024 Weather in the PNW

16 minutes ago, MossMan said:

Okay! I even deleted the (completely innocuous) post per your request so you “wouldn’t be banned again” 🥰

Almost a week later when I saw your PM/DM whatever it’s called nowadays anyway! 

IMG_4003.jpeg

You caused him to get banned... its all on you Randy.   😀

• lol 4
  • Snow 1

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

3 minutes ago, TacomaWx said:

I usually like Jesse but recently it’s like he’s trying to get banned with the sh*t he’s saying. You didn’t get him banned a couple years back that was all his doing. Maybe it’s time he bans himself for awhile or someone does it for him. 

The multiple responses to what he has been saying is far worse than what he has been saying, btw.

• Thanks 1
  • Facepalm 1

Just now, GHweatherChris said:

The multiple responses to what he has been saying is far worse than what he has been saying, btw.

He’s literally been the biggest instigator recently. Everyday he’s causing problems even he knows it…whether he plays innocent or not. 

• Like 2
  • Facepalm 1

6 minutes ago, SilverFallsAndrew said:

The more you get the more soaks into the aquifers too. It's like you hate our ecology so much you refuse to even acknowledge that our ecosystems depend on rain. Get a grip. 

How in the world does that equate to hating our ecology?  😀

And did I say it doesn't depend on rain?   Of course it does.   And of course rain every day is not even close to climo.   

• Like 1

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

3 minutes ago, TacomaWx said:

He’s literally been the biggest instigator recently. Everyday he’s causing problems even he knows it…whether he plays innocent or not. 

What has he been legitimately been instigating?  This forum is full of them btw, me included, not gonna deny it. The fact that one person can literally offend and upset multiple people on here with words that shouldn't is just weird.

• Like 1
  • lol 2

10 minutes ago, T-Town said:

Apologies for the off topic post but pretty stormy here at the moment. 50.5 degrees. 

Keep it on topic please!  

• Excited 2
  • lol 1
  • bongocat-test 1

Ended up with a 49/41 day here. First high in the 40s since the first week of the month. Mostly cloudy with numerous showers, picked up another .25” on the day.

Closing in on 3” for the month but will probably barely miss it, with the next 3 days looking dry.

Summer ☀️ grows while Winter ❄️  goes

20 minutes ago, T-Town said:

Yeradick noyeradick noyeradick noyeradick.  

Better?

noimadick

• Thanks 1

Coldest temp this winter: -7 Jan 13th

Snow depth at Mount Bachelor (last updated March 27th) 107"

Snow depth at my home (updated March 27th): none

23-24 seasonal snowfall at home (updated March 27th): 84"

Big downpour a few minutes ago! Went from .13” to .25” on the day in about 2 min. 

Edited by MossMan
  • Like 3

Elevation 580’ Location a few miles east of I-5 on the Snohomish Co side of the Snohomish/Skagit border. I love snow/cold AND sun/warmth! 

Had a nice sunset down by the water, and yes that is snow you see on the field. Winter just never ends here.

20240328-194939.jpg

• Like 9

10 minutes ago, Deweydog said:

SHUTOUT SEASON AVERTED!

Lets hope we get a better version of Mitch than the one we traded away.   My brother-in-law says they are pissed in MN about the Polanco trade and he will be a great addition for Mariners.

• Excited 1

Looks like the Mariners are picking right up where they left off last season! 

• Sad 1

Elevation 580’ Location a few miles east of I-5 on the Snohomish Co side of the Snohomish/Skagit border. I love snow/cold AND sun/warmth! 

Rangers all alone in first place. 😎

• Excited 1

Springfield, Oregon regular season 2023-24 Stats:

• Coldest high: 25F (Jan 14, 2024)
  • Coldest low: 20F (Jan 14, 2024)
  • Days with below freezing temps: 24 (Most recent: Mar 8, 2024)
  • Days with sub-40F highs: 4 (Most recent: Jan 16, 2024)
  • Total snowfall: 0.0"
  • Total ice: 2.25”
  • Last accumulating snowfall on roads: Dec 27, 2021 (1.9")
  • Last sub-freezing high: Jan 15, 2024 (27F)
  • Last White Christmas: 1990
  • Significant wind events (gusts 45+): 0

Personal Stats:

• Last accumulating snowfall on roads: Dec 27, 2021
  • Last sub-freezing high: Jan 16, 2024 (32F)
  • Last White Christmas: 2008
  • Total snowfall since joining TheWeatherForums: 42.0"
  • Sub-freezing highs since joining TheWeatherForums: 4

Venmo

GoFundMe "College Basketball vs Epilepsy": gf.me/u/zk3pj2

My Twitter @CBBjerseys4hope

9 hours ago, HuskyMaestro said:

Had a recruiter hit me up about a software dev position in Helena, MT. Probably nothing will come out of it, but it's fun to daydream about Montana snow if I were to relocate there ❄️ If only! 

53F right now, sun's trying to peek through clouds 

If you get serious about it, be careful on your housing search.  Parts of Helena has badly contaminated groundwater, and have to rely on bottled water for drinking, cooking, etc.  I can't remember the area, but learned about the issue when we looked into moving back to Montana a few years ago.  If you are struggling to find info on it let me know and I can hit up family we have living in Great Falls.

• Like 5

22 minutes ago, Deweydog said:

First opening day loss since 2016.

ANALOG ALERT

CENTRAL OREGON FOLKS ARE GONNA GET BURRIED!! ITS COMING!! 175±" YEAR IS ON THE WAY, JUST LIKE 2016-2017!!! ITS COMING!!

6 minutes ago, Cascadia_Wx said:

A green (and greening) world out in the Columbia Gorge today.

IMG_1623.jpeg

IMG_1626.jpeg

IMG_1635.jpeg

IMG_1638.jpeg

IMG_1647.jpeg

IMG_1659.jpeg

Looks like it could desperately use less rain. Mud season needs to end NOW!!

Showers this evening.  Need more rain as it was quiet here today. 

• Like 1

Garfield County/Pomeroy, WA:

2023-2024 Snowfall totals: 14.3 inches

HIghest snow total (per event): 5.8 inches total 1/11/24 - 1/12/24.

Most recent accumulation (non trace): 0.20 inches on 2/26/24

Days with  trace or more snowfall: 12/01/23 (0.60), 1/8/24 (1.0), 1/10/24 (3.5), 1/11/23 (3.5 inches with Thundersnow; separate event from prior day), 1/12/24 (2.30). 1/14/24 (T), 1/17/24 (1.20 inches), 1/18/24 (1.5 inches), 1/19/24 (0.20), 2/09/24 (0.30), 2/26/24 (0.20-mainly graupel), 4/5/24 (T)

First Freeze: 10/27/2023

Last Sub freezing Day: 1/20/24 (12th) (8 days in a row from 1/12/24-1/20/24)

Coldest low: -12F (!!!!!!!!) (1/12/24)

Last White Christmas: 2022 at my location (on ground)

7 hours ago, TigerWoodsLibido said:

Yeah my brain implant RNS stimulator cyberware that I have works ok but it's not enough without lamotrigene. The operation to put in this experimental RNS was over $120k in total costs so I'm very grateful for all that being approved. Tho it was kinda me just agreeing to be a guinea pig for the operations. I scan my brainwaves and send the data in regularly so they can see how I have seizures up to like 15 a minute at times. Thousands weekly.

Without lamotrigene, which costs like $500+ a bottle out of pocket, is simply not worth it. I'll just let my body fail instead if that's what it comes to. I'm grateful that my family lives in the tiny flat we have because so many people don't have that. The ones that walk in our alleyway at night...I know our family has it better, even if I can only put some cots in the livingroom for my kids for when they come over. Their mom decided to go her own way cuz she couldn't handle the stress of my seizure episodes along with taking care of 3 young kids. It was unfortunate but I just decided to remain stoic for my kids. My family here, my current wife and her mom are the most incredible people, along with my kids and @MR.SNOWMIZER @SilverFallsAndrew @Phil @Deweydog @TT-SEA @iFred @BLI snowman @Meatyorologist who have helped me get through some of the toughest parts of my life. With my kids coming over this weekend starting tonight, it's gonna be an adventure. I'm sorry if I forgot to mention someone before. Y'all are so very important.

That just sucks man, lamotrigene is one of the only, if not *the* only anti seizure meds that does not have horrible side effects. 

I remember when we were going through the medication options when my daughter got diagnosed, and holy hell it was awful.  We felt very fortunate when lamotrigene worked for her.

The side effects for everything else were that much worse for women. They pretty much guarantee (70-80%+) any pregnancy would have serious birth defects, and that's assuming the child even survived to term.  I think for a couple of meds we were told we would have to sign an agreement guaranteeing she would be on birth control.

I really hope your insurance company comes through for you or you are able to figure something out.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, MossMan said:

Okay! I even deleted the (completely innocuous) post per your request so you “wouldn’t be banned again” 🥰

Almost a week later when I saw your PM/DM whatever it’s called nowadays anyway! 

IMG_4003.jpeg

Gonna start calling you Randy "Ban Hammer" Mossman. 

• lol 2

1 hour ago, Chewbacca Defense said:

If you get serious about it, be careful on your housing search.  Parts of Helena has badly contaminated groundwater, and have to rely on bottled water for drinking, cooking, etc.  I can't remember the area, but learned about the issue when we looked into moving back to Montana a few years ago.  If you are struggling to find info on it let me know and I can hit up family we have living in Great Falls.

Thanks for the heads up, I appreciate it! That's gross 🤢

I'll let you know if anything actually progresses with this application, I was hoping for Bozeman if anything lol. Montana has a quiet yet underrated tech scene that I hope deters most of the competition away cause of the climate. It'd be such a win-win to work there and really experience their winters. ❄️

• Like 5

𝘐𝘯 𝘮𝘺 𝘳𝘦𝘴𝘵𝘭𝘦𝘴𝘴 𝘥𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘮𝘴,

𝘐 𝘴𝘦𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘵𝘰𝘸𝘯.

𝘗𝘶𝘺𝘢𝘭𝘭𝘶𝘱.

Reddit: HotlineMaestro

6 hours ago, HuskyMaestro said:

Thanks for the heads up, I appreciate it! That's gross 🤢

I'll let you know if anything actually progresses with this application, I was hoping for Bozeman if anything lol. Montana has a quiet yet underrated tech scene that I hope deters most of the competition away cause of the climate. It'd be such a win-win to work there and really experience their winters. ❄️

Bozeman is incredible, I would love to live there, but housing is so ridiculously expensive.  Renting *might* be a little better, but you are probably looking at 7 figures to buy a house worth living in.  I even looked at Livingstone which is about 30 minutes or so up the highway, and even there the prices were quite high.

Good luck with your job search!!!!

• Thanks 1

The Willamette Basin snow pack is up to 108% of normal. 119% in the S. Oregon Cascades, SE Oregon has great snow pack. The Blitzen and Owyhee will be running high. Malheur Lake is already filling up. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Excited 1

Snowfall                                  Precip

2022-23: 95.0"                      2022-23: 17.39"

2021-22: 52.6"                    2021-22: 91.46" 

2020-21: 12.0"                    2020-21: 71.59"

2019-20: 23.5"                   2019-20: 58.54"

2018-19: 63.5"                   2018-19: 66.33"

2017-18: 30.3"                   2017-18: 59.83"

2016-17: 49.2"                   2016-17: 97.58"

2015-16: 11.75"                 2015-16: 68.67"

2014-15: 3.5"
2013-14: 11.75"                  2013-14: 62.30
2012-13: 16.75"                 2012-13: 78.45  

2011-12: 98.5"                   2011-12: 92.67"

It's always sunny at Winters Hill! 
Fighting the good fight against weather evil.