PNW January 2022, Contact Info for Phil

The Blob

19 minutes ago, Meatyorologist said:

I think it captured the general public's opinions on the political atmosphere of today, but ultimately it ended up angsty and pandering. The movie was frustrating because of how simultaneously absurd and believable it was.

Still wanted to make me throw my chair out the window

Obviously the “absurd” I believe that it was done on purpose to get the “comedy” aspect/genre in… otherwise the movie will become too serious and turn a lot of people away. The looking past the absurdity, the underlying message and theme was there and it’s quite true. Which is why I think it was a great movie bc I was willing to look past the other stuff. 

1 hour ago, Cloud said:

This is some crazy shiet…. Like out of a Bourne movie. Did the police at least do something about the bloody machete? 

Yeah, they took it. When we first got there, they claimed that they had "looked it over for evidence," and then my mom had to point out the machete covered with blood. They clearly didn't look too hard.

My Weather Station:  https://ambientweather.net/dashboard/b415ff35b2d13f00c899051028f04466 

Located in North Seattle, elevation ~150ft. Highest temperature ever recorded is 110.3, lowest is 14.5.

My Twitter

1 hour ago, Cloud said:

Has anyone here seen the movie “Don’t Look Up”? — this movie is a clear metaphor to climate change. My guess is that opinion of this movie is quite divided within this community/forums. 

Personally thought it was a great movie. 

It seems to be just me and the critics who hold this opinion, but I thought it was one of the worst movies I've seen in a long time. It had funny moments, but also had so many utterly useless plot elements and just weird site plots that took away from the actual intention of the film. I also feel like it was trying to be a metaphor or commentary on today's society, but it kind of just ended up as a weird, tweaked version of reality, not really much of a meaningful commentary.

My Weather Station:  https://ambientweather.net/dashboard/b415ff35b2d13f00c899051028f04466 

Located in North Seattle, elevation ~150ft. Highest temperature ever recorded is 110.3, lowest is 14.5.

My Twitter

1 hour ago, Phil said:

Haven’t seen it, but given a “climate catastrophe” of some sort is essentially inevitable (maybe not within our lifetimes, but almost certainly within the next few millennia) we might want to start looking up sooner rather than later. 😬  

Without spoiling it, the most basic premise is something that could happen, and the proposed solution is actually something that is being worked on. I liked where it was going in the beginning, and it just got worse and worse as it progressed. 

My Twitter

Next AR is here in Bellevue with steady rain. I see that White Pass had to close down again. At least the people that were stranded there had a window to get out when they could. 

Mercer Island, 350 ft

2021-2022: 11.6", 02/21

2020-2021: 15.6"

2019-2020: ~10"

2018-2019 winter snowfall total: 29.5"

2017-2018: 9.0", 2016-2017: 14.0"

We need something frozen to track…Stat! Today’s discussion was reminiscent of the 2013-2016 discussion's on the forum when nothing happened winter weather wise. 

• Like 1

Elevation 580’ Location a few miles east of I-5 on the Snohomish Co side of the Snohomish/Skagit border. I love snow/cold AND sun/warmth! 

2 hours ago, Cloud said:

Has anyone here seen the movie “Don’t Look Up”? — this movie is a clear metaphor to climate change. My guess is that opinion of this movie is quite divided within this community/forums. 

Personally thought it was a great movie. 

It was a little much but totally believable.  I would give it a solid 8.678/10. I think Jonah Hill killed it lmao 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Clancy MT DW9972 said:

2019 for the win!  In my area "southwestern" Montana, we got hit multiple times with several feet of snow from each storm and it barely melted until mid March.  That snow had at least a 4 to 5" inch water content.  April thru mid July brought us several severe thunderstorms which dropped over 1" of rain within ten minutes at least 2 times.  The second half of July was fairly dry, until the second week of August, and yet again we got hit with a few more severe thunderstorms that dropped 1"inch + as well.  September was insanely wet with us getting well over 3" inch of rain. October thru November brought us above normal precip.  However December was bone dry and nothing to write home about.  I loved 2019 because It has most definitely been the most active, wettest, snowiest year I can remember.  2020 and 2021 didn't even have a single memorable event.

It's always a double edged sword with these extreme weather events.  Us weather geeks love them, but I don't think the ranchers saw winter 2019 as a win.  My wife's uncle and cousin won't even talk about that winter...staggering losses to their herd for calving season.  Then the thunderstorms triggered flooding that wiped out a few of their private bridges used to traverse the creek that runs through through the valley.

Flip side though, their hay yield that summer was the highest they had ever seen in the almost 150 year history of the ranch.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, MossMan said:

We need something frozen to track…Stat! Today’s discussion was reminiscent of the 2013-2016 discussion's on the forum when nothing happened winter weather wise. 

We had some freezing rain this morning. 39/30 with about .4” of liquid after that. 

• Like 1
  • Excited 1

I do not want more rain. Can we just, like, make it hold off for awhile? lol Can't get a crawl company to come out for an estimate until the 24th, who knows how long it will take to actually get the work done. So if it could be dry, and not too cold....that'd be greeaaaat. We have our pellet stove, that works well, until we have a stretch of not getting above 40* days....then it struggles to heat the house. 

16 minutes ago, The Blob said:

Wow, quiet night on here. 

I'll freely admit that I don't post nearly as often (if at all) unless there is cold on the horizon. Even interesting weather like AR's don't get me excited enough to contribute much.

• Sad 1

Home Weather Station Stats for 2023

High - Satans Bunghole

Lowest High - Not sure

Low - I don't have the data

Sub 40 highs - Not quite

Sub-freezing highs - Try again

Lows below 25 - You're joking

Lows below 20 - No

2023 Snowfall - LOL

SEA is already over 3 inches above normal for rainfall for the month through the 11th.     

And has already tallied about 1/6th of their normal annual rainfall in the first 11 days of the year.   

• Rain 2
  • Downvote 1

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

• Like 2
  • Excited 2
  • lol 1
  • scream 1

High - Satans Bunghole

Lowest High - Not sure

Sub 40 highs - Not quite

Lows below 20 - No

2023 Snowfall - LOL

12 minutes ago, jakerepp said:

Also, the forecast for the summit.

High: Starting around 30 below then slowly rising through the day to around 15 below by sunset

Wind Chill: 70 below to 80 below rising to 45 below to 55 below

Wind: W shifting NW at 50-70 mph w/ gusts up to 85 mph early, 35-50 mph midday, and 30-45 mph later

• Like 3

High - Satans Bunghole

Lowest High - Not sure

Sub 40 highs - Not quite

Lows below 20 - No

2023 Snowfall - LOL

57 minutes ago, TT-SEA said:

SEA is already over 3 inches above normal for rainfall for the month through the 11th.     

And has already tallied about 1/6th of their normal annual rainfall in the first 11 days of the year.   

I like the rain but this is getting crazy. I'm at 8 inches here for January already. 

We come from the land of the ice and snow.

Just hit 50.

.25'' since midnight.

High - Satans Bunghole

Lowest High - Not sure

Sub 40 highs - Not quite

Lows below 20 - No

2023 Snowfall - LOL

1 hour ago, jakerepp said:

Also, the forecast for the summit.

High: Starting around 30 below then slowly rising through the day to around 15 below by sunset

Wind Chill: 70 below to 80 below rising to 45 below to 55 below

Wind: W shifting NW at 50-70 mph w/ gusts up to 85 mph early, 35-50 mph midday, and 30-45 mph later

My dream climate.

• Like 1
  • Excited 1
  • lol 1
  • Sun 1

2 hours ago, jakerepp said:

I'll freely admit that I don't post nearly as often (if at all) unless there is cold on the horizon. Even interesting weather like AR's don't get me excited enough to contribute much.

Mostly the same here.  Just watching, but it's like watching old re-runs.  Re-runs that were boring the first time I watched them.

47F and cloudy but dry. Pretty typical January weather these days.

Springfield, Oregon regular season 2023-24 Stats:

• Coldest high: 25F (Jan 14, 2024)
  • Coldest low: 20F (Jan 14, 2024)
  • Days with below freezing temps: 24 (Most recent: Mar 8, 2024)
  • Days with sub-40F highs: 4 (Most recent: Jan 16, 2024)
  • Total snowfall: 0.0"
  • Total ice: 2.25”
  • Last accumulating snowfall on roads: Dec 27, 2021 (1.9")
  • Last sub-freezing high: Jan 15, 2024 (27F)
  • Last White Christmas: 1990
  • Significant wind events (gusts 45+): 0

Personal Stats:

• Last accumulating snowfall on roads: Dec 27, 2021
  • Last sub-freezing high: Jan 16, 2024 (32F)
  • Last White Christmas: 2008
  • Total snowfall since joining TheWeatherForums: 42.0"
  • Sub-freezing highs since joining TheWeatherForums: 4

Venmo

GoFundMe "College Basketball vs Epilepsy": gf.me/u/zk3pj2

My Twitter @CBBjerseys4hope