4 minutes ago, yellowstone said:

I came here to say “Nobody talk about the 0z!!”  Oh well, too late..

I already told my wife, kids, and dogs! It’s coming! 

• Angry 1
  • scream 1

Elevation 580’ Location a few miles east of I-5 on the Snohomish Co side of the Snohomish/Skagit border. I love snow/cold AND sun/warmth! 

10 minutes ago, snow_wizard said:

I don't know what to make of this GFS run.  It's so different on the handling of the ULL compared to any earlier runs.  It ends up delivering, but it's hard to have much confidence.

Brings some rain... but goes right back to ridging.     Which means it probably won't end up being much of a trough.   And its the opposite of the solutions being talked about earlier today with the potential for backdoor cold. 

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

55 minutes ago, TacomaWx said:

Gotta wonder how serious that head injury is long term. The way his hands curled up after the hit to the head was very scary to see. Hope he’s alright seems like a good guy. 

Yeah that's what you call a hard reboot on the 'ole noodle.  Any time you see a player go down and their hands do that or their arm stick out in front of them, they are 100% lights out.  It's called the fencing response position.  If he suffered a head injury last week he absolutely should NOT have been out there, and this is exactly why.  Taking a blow to a brain that is already bruised/injured does exponentially more damage.  This *could* end his career.  As much as I love football, this kind of sh*t really pisses me off!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I finished with 0.62 todayas of 9pm. Really great as this was just about what NWS Spokane had for us in their forecast. Great for SE WA. Moscow -Pullman had about .85. Glad for rain today and clear skies for me at the Cougs game on Sat (Go Bears!) This should slow down fire potential here quite a bit until the freezes come.

Wife and son are going to Clark County tomorrow. I tease her that Vancouver will be warmer than our location for their weekend trip.

• Like 3

Garfield County/Pomeroy, WA:

2023-2024 Snowfall totals: 14.3 inches

HIghest snow total (per event): 5.8 inches total 1/11/24 - 1/12/24.

Most recent accumulation (non trace): 0.20 inches on 2/26/24

Days with  trace or more snowfall: 12/01/23 (0.60), 1/8/24 (1.0), 1/10/24 (3.5), 1/11/23 (3.5 inches with Thundersnow; separate event from prior day), 1/12/24 (2.30). 1/14/24 (T), 1/17/24 (1.20 inches), 1/18/24 (1.5 inches), 1/19/24 (0.20), 2/09/24 (0.30), 2/26/24 (0.20-mainly graupel), 4/5/24 (T)

First Freeze: 10/27/2023

Last Sub freezing Day: 1/20/24 (12th) (8 days in a row from 1/12/24-1/20/24)

Coldest low: -12F (!!!!!!!!) (1/12/24)

Last White Christmas: 2022 at my location (on ground)

8 minutes ago, LowerGarfield said:

I finished with 0.62 todayas of 9pm. Really great as this was just about what NWS Spokane had for us in their forecast. Great for SE WA. Moscow -Pullman had about .85. Glad for rain today and clear skies for me at the Cougs game on Sat (Go Bears!) This should slow down fire potential here quite a bit until the freezes come.

Wife and son are going to Clark County tomorrow. I tease her that Vancouver will be warmer than our location for their weekend trip.

We will be there too... Go Cougs! 

• Like 1

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

It seems like pretty much everyone in the West has seen meaningful rain now except the Seattle area.  The last two troughs have really screwed this area.  I'm definitely frustrated with the current regime.

• Weenie 1

Death To Warm Anomalies!

Winter 2023-24 stats

Total Snowfall = 1.0"

Day with 1" or more snow depth = 1

Total Hail = 0.0

Total Ice = 0.2

Coldest Low = 13

Lows 32 or below = 45

Highs 32 or below = 3

Lows 20 or below = 3

Highs 40 or below = 9

I'm afraid our patience is going to be tested big time before this pattern breaks.  We might be getting into 1991 territory.  One of the all time great early autumn dead periods.  That one sure ended in a very stylish way though.  1942 is another one that went on forever before it changed.  Late October that year and then the flood gates opened.  It will be interesting to see if we come out of it with a deluge or abnormal cold.

• Like 1
  • Windy 1

Death To Warm Anomalies!

Winter 2023-24 stats

Total Snowfall = 1.0"

Total Hail = 0.0

Total Ice = 0.2

Coldest Low = 13

Lows 32 or below = 45

Highs 32 or below = 3

Lows 20 or below = 3

Highs 40 or below = 9

The ECMWF suite have all gone to digging a trough off the coast now.  Total shit pattern.  I hope we are rewarded with a good winter to make up for what is going to be an agonizing early / mid autumn for weather enthusiasts.   1988 was quite lame in the autumn, but not to this level.  I do remember nearly going out of my mind waiting for the first freeze that season though.

All in all I just don't know what else to say about this.

• Thanks 1

Death To Warm Anomalies!

Winter 2023-24 stats

Total Snowfall = 1.0"

Total Hail = 0.0

Total Ice = 0.2

Coldest Low = 13

Lows 32 or below = 45

Highs 32 or below = 3

Lows 20 or below = 3

Highs 40 or below = 9

56F and nice out there.

Springfield, Oregon regular season 2023-24 Stats:

• Coldest high: 25F (Jan 14, 2024)
  • Coldest low: 20F (Jan 14, 2024)
  • Days with below freezing temps: 24 (Most recent: Mar 8, 2024)
  • Days with sub-40F highs: 4 (Most recent: Jan 16, 2024)
  • Total snowfall: 0.0"
  • Total ice: 2.25”
  • Last accumulating snowfall on roads: Dec 27, 2021 (1.9")
  • Last sub-freezing high: Jan 15, 2024 (27F)
  • Last White Christmas: 1990
  • Significant wind events (gusts 45+): 0

Personal Stats:

• Last accumulating snowfall on roads: Dec 27, 2021
  • Last sub-freezing high: Jan 16, 2024 (32F)
  • Last White Christmas: 2008
  • Total snowfall since joining TheWeatherForums: 42.0"
  • Sub-freezing highs since joining TheWeatherForums: 4

Venmo

GoFundMe "College Basketball vs Epilepsy": gf.me/u/zk3pj2

My Twitter @CBBjerseys4hope

6 hours ago, snow_wizard said:

It seems like pretty much everyone in the West has seen meaningful rain now except the Seattle area.  The last two troughs have really screwed this area.  I'm definitely frustrated with the current regime.

Not true, good sir. The vast majority of the the Portland, Salem, and Eugene metro areas got less than .25” out of this last “system”. Prior to that, we have had less than .25” in the prior 100 days. No meaningful rainfall to report since June. 

20 minutes ago, Joshua Lake Oswego said:

Not true, good sir. The vast majority of the the Portland, Salem, and Eugene metro areas got less than .25” out of this last “system”. Prior to that, we have had less than .25” in the prior 100 days. No meaningful rainfall to report since June. 

stageiv_qpe_072h_p.us_nw.png

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Joshua Lake Oswego said:

stageiv_qpe_072h_p.us_nw.png

Not accurate. We had over 1/2” here and this shows a tenth. 

Snowfall                                  Precip

2022-23: 95.0"                      2022-23: 17.39"

2021-22: 52.6"                    2021-22: 91.46" 

2020-21: 12.0"                    2020-21: 71.59"

2019-20: 23.5"                   2019-20: 58.54"

2018-19: 63.5"                   2018-19: 66.33"

2017-18: 30.3"                   2017-18: 59.83"

2016-17: 49.2"                   2016-17: 97.58"

2015-16: 11.75"                 2015-16: 68.67"

2014-15: 3.5"
2013-14: 11.75"                  2013-14: 62.30
2012-13: 16.75"                 2012-13: 78.45  

2011-12: 98.5"                   2011-12: 92.67"

It's always sunny at Winters Hill! 
Fighting the good fight against weather evil.

13 hours ago, snow_wizard said:

The most famous case of an AR snow was in December 1924.  It began as a warm rain but eventually transitioned to a major snow event for many areas.

Unoffically, January 1880 was almost certainly an AR snow, and it was a doozie! 

Areas from about Downtown Seattle northward got back to back snow AR’s in December 1996. That was the last time it happened. It is a rare thing.

• Like 1
It's called clown range for a reason.

35 minutes ago, High Desert Mat? said:

Chill out Jim. It’s gonna be ok. You’re the only one getting impatient. It’ll come. 

I think pretty much everyone wants it to rain at this point. Jim’s the only one who wants it to stay bone dry but with some morning frost. 🥶 

• Confused 1
  • Angry 1
  • Snow 1

Summer ☀️ grows while Winter ❄️  goes

3 minutes ago, Cascadia_Wx said:

I think pretty much everyone wants it to rain at this point. Jim’s the only one who wants it to stay bone dry but with some morning frost. 🥶 

Contrary to belief, not everyone does. Don’t let Tim fool you. He’s wiley. 

That dam spring tho, we all deserve this…🤣

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Rubus Leucodermis said:

Areas from about Downtown Seattle northward got back to back snow AR’s in December 1996. That was the last time it happened. It is a rare thing.

I have to think Jim is referring to ARs that see rain transition to snow on the backside as cold air catches up.  Not uncommon to see ARs with snow on the front side here, with snow transitioning to rain. 

59 minutes ago, High Desert Mat? said:

You are such weenie when it comes to me.    I live in your head.  😀

I definitely would like some rain.   I love spectacular fall color and don't like when the leaves just dry up and fall off... but it might be too late for that now.

And nature is making you pay for that spring... I simply predicted that nature would do that.   And you are mad that it actually happened.  

• Popcorn 1

As expected... the 12Z GFS is further west with the trough next week and took away the rain for next weekend.     

The backdoor cold scenario also seems less likely with the ULL over the GOA and not being pushed way west as some runs have shown.   

I think the pattern change will wait until the second half of October when the trade winds slow down and the MJO is able to progress.

• scream 1

2 hours ago, High Desert Mat? said:

Yeah… spring was paid back with loanshark interest. The cold pattern from about mid-April to mid-May was pretty incessant but only lasted about four weeks before transitioning to just a wet/zonal pattern with breaks in between. We’ve been in pretty much an unending blast furnace since July 15 or so. 10 weeks at this point with an 11th and probably a 12th on the horizon.

• Like 3
  • Weenie 1