Jan 18th-20th Potential Winter Storm. Can this be The One??

jaster220

Man, I really like the way my radar looks. Looks like an explosive development is taking place as more phasing is happening. Also, the hvy mesoscale band making a B-line towards SEMI. Not sure if my eyes are deceiving me, but that's how I am seeing it.

• Like 1

Snowfall for Winter 2023 -24 for Metro Detroit Area 

Oct 2023: 0.2" AN

Nov 2023: 2.2" AN

Dec 2023: 0.5" BN Insane!

Jan 2024: 17.0" AN

Feb 2024: 1.9"  BN Insane!

Mar 2024: 4.9" BN

April 2024: Trace

Season So Far: 26.7"

Man I love that show, you ever see it?! Freezing drizzle have been on going all day and school was let out at 1. Hoping to get lucky with snow next week because this brown grass is just depressing.

We have been in the absolute WORST spot in the entire midwest.  Heavy snow in literally every direction multiple times, very little here in the middle.  I think I've had predominately brown ground since the first week of December.  All these areas around us keep getting hit and it's really pissing me off.

• Like 1

We have been in the absolute WORST spot in the entire midwest. Heavy snow in literally every direction multiple times, very little here in the middle. I think I've had predominately brown ground since the first week of December. All these areas around us keep getting hit and it's really pissing me off.

The pattern that is coming looks crazy. :)

Wow this is crazy! Over 2 here easy.

I have trouble remembering where some members are.  Could you go into your profile and add your location?  Everyone should do that.

• Like 4

season snowfall: 34.8"

'22-23: 30.2"      '21-22: 27.1"      '20-21: 52.5"      '19-20: 36.2"      '18-19: 50.2"      '17-18: 39.5"

Average snowfall: ~30"

The Lehs is already showing up on radar which is a little earlier than I had expected it to be.  As you can see from the radar loop below , waves of snow are coming off Lake Michigan from East/West into Cook county.  I will confirm that it is snowing lightly IMBY from these developments.  Been a long day, but I just took my cat nap and ready for the snow! 

• Like 2

The wind will make it hard to measure, but since 6:00PM, it does look like at least 2 inches has fallen here in CR. Probably closer to 2.5 now. Should have no problem getting up to at least 6 inches based on radar. Based on radar, 7 inches seems likely here.