July 2019 Weather Discussion for the PNW

Through yesterday, PDX was +0.2 for the month.

There were also plenty of July like days in May, without a peep from you. ;)

Yeah in May and at the very beginning of June we had a sneak peek of summer. Most years it happens actually :P

Ashland, KY Weather

'23-'24 Winter

Snowfall - 5.50"
First freeze: 11/1 (32)
Minimum: 2 on 1/17

Measurable snows: 4
Max 1 day snow: 3" (1/19)

Thunders: 16
1/27, 1/28, 2/10, 2/22, 2/27, 2/28, 3/5, 3/6, 3/14, 3/15
3/26, 3/30, 3/31, 4/2, 4/3, 4/8, 

Severe storms: 2

-------------------------------------------------------
[Klamath Falls, OR 2010 to 2021]
https://imgur.com/SuGTijl

There very much were peeps from me. If you remember the 89ºF on 5/10, I was one of the few people here actually interested and trying to forecast it.

Today underperformed quite a bit given the forecast high of 71ºF or so. I wasn't even expecting it to be this cool.

Still only 68 degrees as of 5pm. Mostly cloudy throughout the afternoon was more sun earlier but it’s overall been an overcast day.

Tacoma WA elevation 300’

Monthly rainfall-3.56”

Warm season rainfall-11.14”

Max temp-88

+80 highs-2

+85 highs-2

+90 highs-0

There very much were peeps from me. If you remember the 89ºF on 5/10, I was one of the few people here actually interested and trying to forecast it.

Today underperformed quite a bit given the forecast high of 71ºF or so. I wasn't even expecting it to be this cool.

No complaints, I should say. I do remember you being pretty thrilled with the early May warm spell now that you mention it. :lol:

Hopefully this wet pattern delivers for western WA next week. We could end up with more rainfall for the month of July this year than May and June combined. Had 0.52” in May and 0.17” in June. Sitting at 0.11” so far it would only take 0.58” for that to happen.

Tacoma WA elevation 300’

Monthly rainfall-3.56”

Max temp-88

+80 highs-2

+85 highs-2

+90 highs-0

Hopefully this wet pattern delivers for western WA next week. We could end up with more rainfall for the month of July this year than May and June combined. Had 0.52” in May and 0.17” in June. Sitting at 0.11” so far it would only take 0.58” for that to happen.

We're actually close to our monthly average already. At least PDX is. Hillsboro isn't, and my house sure isn't. We got maybe 0.05" on 7/1.

Would be interesting to see PDX break an inch for July. When was the last time we broke an inch in July or August?

We're actually close to our monthly average already. At least PDX is. Hillsboro isn't, and my house sure isn't. We got maybe 0.05" on 7/1.

Would be interesting to see PDX break an inch for July. When was the last time we broke an inch in July or August?

Hopefully the rain heads into Western OR as well. Looks like it’s centered up in BC for the most part with WA on the south side of the rainfall. Overall I haven’t seen rainfall like the rain forecasted this summer during the summer months for awhile. The last month that we had +1.00” of rainfall in July was 2012 with 1.01” and in August that would be 2015 with 2.54”.
  • Like 1

Tacoma WA elevation 300’

Monthly rainfall-3.56”

Max temp-88

+80 highs-2

+85 highs-2

+90 highs-0

Phil had July with warmer anomalies than June. ;)

Let’s see who’s forecast is closer when it’s all said and done. Deal?

Haha, man I forgot to check the departures. So it’s been a warmer than average July so far, and the heat misers still aren’t happy.

Lol. If you need a top-10 record warm July to be happy, then you’re living in the wrong climate.

• Like 1

It just irritates me when people complain about perfect weather while I’m stuck in a soup of misery. I take it personally.

Ask Dolt (the guy who just visited GA) which weather he’d prefer. I guarantee he’d say the PNW is better.

I'm still in GA until Tuesday. Currently, it's 83 degrees with a DP of 76. Windows are fogged up and it's pretty gross out. At least we had some nice storms today. Pnw summer is best summer.
  • Like 2

I'm still in GA until Tuesday. Currently, it's 83 degrees with a DP of 76. Windows are fogged up and it's pretty gross out. At least we had some nice storms today. Pnw summer is best summer.

Until Tuesday? I’m sorry man. At least now you know why cool PNW summers are the best. ;)

And yeah, today was pretty disgusting for this early in the summer. Was 93/79 here before the storms arrived and overturned the airmass a bit. 74/74 now with fog..more tolerable but still gross.

• Like 1

The two sub-70 highs at PDX in the first 6 days of this month is one more than the last 7 combined July/Augusts. Goes to show the absurdity of recent summers, the last few weeks have been a very nice change of pace from recent years.

Probably gonna make up for it big time in late August/September but I'll take it.

• Like 1

Guest CulverJosh

I had to check just now. Needed a good chuckle.

Phil was born in 1992. I graduated high school in 1995. And we listen to his crap like it has any validity. Lol. He is just a kid, he has no idea what he is talking about. Thanks Robin Williams.

Phil was born in 1992. I graduated high school in 1995. And we listen to his crap like it has any validity. Lol. He is just a kid, he has no idea what he is talking about. Thanks Robin Williams.

Okay, virgin boy.

And lol, nobody listens to me here. Which is fine. The whole “appeal to authority” schtick is an excuse drummed up by people with no intellectual curiosity of their own.

I don’t know, maybe contribute actually relevant things before posting crap about other people?

• Like 1

"Let's mosey!"

--Cloud Strife

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Top 5 Snow Events (post 2014):

(1. January 10th, 2017: 18.5 in.

(2. February 6th, 2014: 7.5 inches

(3. February 20th, 2018: 5.0 inches

(4. February 21st, 2018: 4.0 inches

(5. December 14th, 2016: 3.5 inches

Honourable Mentions: December 7th, 2018, February 9th, 2019.

Total since joining the Weather Forums: 3"

• Like 1

Springfield, Oregon regular season 2023-24 Stats:

• Coldest high: 25F (Jan 14, 2024)
  • Coldest low: 20F (Jan 14, 2024)
  • Days with below freezing temps: 24 (Most recent: Mar 8, 2024)
  • Days with sub-40F highs: 4 (Most recent: Jan 16, 2024)
  • Total snowfall: 0.0"
  • Total ice: 2.25”
  • Last accumulating snowfall on roads: Dec 27, 2021 (1.9")
  • Last sub-freezing high: Jan 15, 2024 (27F)
  • Last White Christmas: 1990
  • Significant wind events (gusts 45+): 0

Personal Stats:

• Last accumulating snowfall on roads: Dec 27, 2021
  • Last sub-freezing high: Jan 16, 2024 (32F)
  • Last White Christmas: 2008
  • Total snowfall since joining TheWeatherForums: 42.0"
  • Sub-freezing highs since joining TheWeatherForums: 4

Venmo

GoFundMe "College Basketball vs Epilepsy": gf.me/u/zk3pj2

My Twitter @CBBjerseys4hope

I guess maybe. Seems like it’s been a nice summer so far. Tim wouldn’t agree with me.

Dude... the weather has been completely different up there and down south. I would agree with you and Jesse if I lived in either place.

And if you had dark skies and no sun for 14 out of the last 19 days... you might feel differently too.

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

Dude... the weather has been completely different up there and down south. I would agree with you and Jesse if I lived in either place.

And if you had dark skies and no sun for 14 out of the last 19 days... you might feel differently too.

Yea. I probably would. Seems like people are getting a bit bent out of shape about the lack of sun on the lower mainland too.

I would say Phil contributes many times more to this forum than you do, but then I remembered the multiplication property of zero.

• Like 1

I guess maybe. Seems like it’s been a nice summer so far. Tim wouldn’t agree with me.

It’s been a gorgeous summer. But you seem to be pretty favorably sheltered from the marine layer, more than down here even. So that may affect your opinion.

It’s been a gorgeous summer. But you seem to be pretty favorably sheltered from the marine layer, more than down here even. So that may affect your opinion.

I lived next door to you... I would agree with your assessment too.

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

I lived next door to you... I would agree with your assessment too.

I never knew that. But if you still lived down here I would guess that it would still be a little too cloudy for your tastes. It has been noticeably cloudier, cooler and wetter than the last six summers to this point.

I never knew that. But if you still lived down here I would guess that it would still be a little too cloudy for your tastes. It has been noticeably cloudier, cooler and wetter than the last six summers to this point.

No... I have been watching it down there for comparison. I would have no complaints. So much better there.

No... I have been watching it down there for comparison. I would have no complaints. So much better there.

Yeah, moving to that microclimate was a pretty bonehead move considering how much you let sun availability rule your life.