May 2019 Observations and Discussion

Tom

1.99" here this evening, 2.16" today, 3.05" since Thursday.

It looks like that may be it until Tuesday.

• Like 1

season snowfall: 34.8"

'22-23: 30.2"      '21-22: 27.1"      '20-21: 52.5"      '19-20: 36.2"      '18-19: 50.2"      '17-18: 39.5"

Average snowfall: ~30"

This storm system was mostly a dud in East Central Nebraska... picked up .40 of rain yesterday between the AM and PM showers and heard just a few rumbles of thunder.

Three day total was only .60.

Hope the next round coming early next week isn’t another dud, however my expectations are low. At least missing out on the heavier rains will help temper any potential flooding issues in the future around here.

Got .81” of rain yesterday. 3-day total of 0.83”. Probably don’t need much more rain than that anyway, but this system very much fell flat of expectations. Minus yesterday morning, pretty much everything missed or was very weak by the time it passes through. Saw like one strike of lightning last night, and that was from a storm that passed to the west.

Hopefully better luck next time. This spring has been very lackluster as far as storms go. Still haven’t had what I’d consider a strong storm.

Possible severe weather today in SEMI. Temps will be well into the 70s and perhaps 80s.

Snowfall for Winter 2023 -24 for Metro Detroit Area 

Oct 2023: 0.2" AN

Nov 2023: 2.2" AN

Dec 2023: 0.5" BN Insane!

Jan 2024: 17.0" AN

Feb 2024: 1.9"  BN Insane!

Mar 2024: 4.9" BN

April 2024: Trace

Season So Far: 26.7"

We were spoiled with perfect hiking conditions yesterday in Sedona...blue skies, slight breeze, temps in the upper 60's....perfection...if it were 10 degrees warmer, it may have been a little to warm in full sun. Here are a few pictures that capture the views of the canyon, caves and some cactus that are in bloom.  It was nearly a 4.5 mile round trip hike at a moderate level which got me huffing and puffing once I reached the peak of the Canyon.  Great views and a great day all around.  Didn't make it to Devils bridge...next time...

• Like 5

Meantime, it's May 19th and its snowing in Duluth...what a nasty day in late May...are they going to set a new record for shortest period "last flake" vs "first flake"???  We shall see.

Current conditions at Duluth International Airport (KDLH)Lat: 46.84°NLon: 92.19°WElev: 1427ft.
sn.png

Snow Fog and Breezy

35°F

• Like 2

IV

We were spoiled with perfect hiking conditions yesterday in Sedona...blue skies, slight breeze, temps in the upper 60's....perfection...if it were 10 degrees warmer, it may have been a little to warm in full sun. Here are a few pictures that capture the views of the canyon, caves and some cactus that are in bloom.  It was nearly a 4.5 mile round trip hike at a moderate level which got me huffing and puffing once I reached the peak of the Canyon.  Great views and a great day all around.  Didn't make it to Devils bridge...next time...

Awesome! Thanks for sharing your photos.

• Like 1

Sedona is very very special. I love going there.

There's something very different and very compelling there.

We're currently at 80*. Sunny, clear. Heading to 86*

50% chance of rain tomorrow but it should be scattered showers, high of 89*.

• Like 3

Before You Diagnose Yourself With Depression or Low Self-Esteem,...First Make Sure You Are Not In Fact, Just Surrounded By A$$holes.

“If I owned Texas and Hell, I would rent out Texas and live in Hell.”  Gen. Sheridan 1866

2018 Rainfall - 62.65" High Temp. - 110.03* Low Temp. - 8.4*

Sedona is very very special. I love going there.

There's something very different and very compelling there.

We're currently at 80*. Sunny, clear. Heading to 86*

50% chance of rain tomorrow but it should be scattered showers, high of 89*.

I agree with you Andie, that place is reasonating with great energies. “May the Vortex be with you”

• Like 1

I agree with you Andie, that place is reasonating with great energies. “May the Vortex be with you”

I'm glad you pick up on that. I don't know what causes it, but it's a fascinating place

• Like 1

Before You Diagnose Yourself With Depression or Low Self-Esteem,...First Make Sure You Are Not In Fact, Just Surrounded By A$$holes.

“If I owned Texas and Hell, I would rent out Texas and live in Hell.”  Gen. Sheridan 1866

We were spoiled with perfect hiking conditions yesterday in Sedona...blue skies, slight breeze, temps in the upper 60's....perfection...if it were 10 degrees warmer, it may have been a little to warm in full sun. Here are a few pictures that capture the views of the canyon, caves and some cactus that are in bloom. It was nearly a 4.5 mile round trip hike at a moderate level which got me huffing and puffing once I reached the peak of the Canyon. Great views and a great day all around. Didn't make it to Devils bridge...next time...

Very nice pics Tom.

• Like 1

I'm glad you pick up on that. I don't know what causes it, but it's a fascinating place

The Earth holds a vast amount of Energy which create a Grid or Matrix across the planet.  There are many locations that hold special energy/frequency, one being in Sedona, a place where these invincible Leylines intersect.  These geometric patterns are said to flow around the planet and hold Sacred Geometry.  Advanced Ancient civilizations built structures all across the planet at these intersecting points not by chance, but by knowledge of the Universe.

https://www.galacticfacets.com/earth-energy-grid---global.html

• Like 3

Our SW MI peeps are scoring in on some severe wx this afternoon.  That line of storms firing up looks legit and will likely hold together. Could this be a better year for severe wx in MI???

IWX.N0Q.20190519.2051.gif

I could really just pass on that tbh. Had a little sneaky cell pass thru about 12:20 today and a freak gust brought down a major limb out back trashing an old metal shed I don't use. Not enough to justify a homeowner's claim, but plenty enough work for your's truly to restore things to normalcy.  :rolleyes:

• Like 3

Winter 2023-24 Snow Total = 53.1" (90% Normal Season)  Largest Storm: 12" (1/12-13)   Oct: 0.1 Nov: 2.9 Dec: 7.5 Jan: 31.7 Feb: 6.0 Mar: 4.3 Apr: 0.1

Avg = 59.2"  (Harrison): 2023-24 = 53.1" 

Avg = 45.0"  (KDTW): 2022-23 = 33.5"   2021-22 = 35.6"    

Avg = 49.7"  (KRMY): 2020-21 = 36.2"   2019-20 = 48.0"   2018-19 = 56.1"   2017-18 = 68.3"    2016-17 = 52"    2015-16 = 57.4"    2014-15 = 55.3"    2013-14 = 100.6" (coldest & snowiest in the modern record!)  2012-13 = 47.2"    2011-12 = 43.7"

Legit Blizzards (high winds and dbl digit snows): Feb 2011, Dec 2009, Jan 2005, Dec 2000, Jan 1999, Mar 1998, Nov 1989, Jan 1982, Jan 1978, Jan 1977, Apr 1975, Mar 1973, Jan 1967, Feb 1965, Jan 1918

Was at a restaurant earlier today having lunch w friends and suddenly my phone went off..."Tornado Warning." The manager came out and told everyone to seek shelter inside the restaurant's freezer (made outta steel), so we all got in and stayed there for a few minutes. I wanted to go and capture this sucker on video and post it on here, but it bypass to my north. We did get some trees knocked down and flooding roadways. Finally, some severe weather.

Btw: Currently at 64F w cloudy skies.

• Like 4

Snowfall for Winter 2023 -24 for Metro Detroit Area 

Oct 2023: 0.2" AN

Nov 2023: 2.2" AN

Dec 2023: 0.5" BN Insane!

Jan 2024: 17.0" AN

Feb 2024: 1.9"  BN Insane!

Mar 2024: 4.9" BN

April 2024: Trace

Season So Far: 26.7"

Finished with 0.84" from the system. Up to 2.10" for the month of May. Again, given the amount of moisture we've had in both April & May (6.05" so far), it's amazing how little we've had in terms of thunderstorms. Just a few instances of storms, and nothing even close to severe yet. 

Went to bed with the window cracked open and woke up in the middle of the night with a chilly breeze blowing in.  It's one of the chilliest mornings here since I've been here (60F) and only getting up to 73F which is over 20F below normal for the date!  Just an incredible and persistently cool pattern we have been experiencing here in the desert SW and it doesn't look like its ending anytime soon.

As the cold troughs continue to track in the region, more high elevation snows are falling across the state, esp up in Flagstaff where they have received a few inches.  Here's a live webcam: https://www.snowbowl.ski/the-mountain/webcams/

• Like 2

Man the situation in TX and OK today is downright frightening. Good luck to our posters down there.

I read somewhere the jet stream is about as strong as you see it during the winter season, let alone in late May, probably a record strength jet stream today/tomorrow.

@ Okwx, stay safe down there bud...

• Like 3

This one day above 70º followed by three cold days stuff is getting old.

• Like 2

season snowfall: 34.8"

'22-23: 30.2"      '21-22: 27.1"      '20-21: 52.5"      '19-20: 36.2"      '18-19: 50.2"      '17-18: 39.5"

Average snowfall: ~30"

The Earth holds a vast amount of Energy which create a Grid or Matrix across the planet.  There are many locations that hold special energy/frequency, one being in Sedona, a place where these invincible Leylines intersect.  These geometric patterns are said to flow around the planet and hold Sacred Geometry.  Advanced Ancient civilizations built structures all across the planet at these intersecting points not by chance, but by knowledge of the Universe.

https://www.galacticfacets.com/earth-energy-grid---global.html

I have always been interested in things such as dark matter, energy and of course Leylines. It's amazing how ancient cultures 1,000's of years ago had a better knowledge about these things than we do today!

• Like 3

I have always been interested in things such as dark matter, energy and of course Leylines. It's amazing how ancient cultures 1,000's of years ago had a better knowledge about these things than we do today!

Very true, and I agree, but I will say this, a lot of that has to do with suppressed knowledge that is kept under wrap by the elites who have known of the real Truth.  It's sad that the knowledge of the Universe is being hidden but things are really changing now as the consciousness of humanity is expanding exponentially.  We, as a human species, collectively have begun to raise our vibrations, consciousness and awareness.  We are living through some historic times and it's a blessing to be in the midst of this transformation.

• Like 3

Storms are north of DFW area but the sky is dark and turbulence leaves me wondering whether we dodged the bullet... or not?

Wind is gusty and almost circular on the ground. Don’t like this atmosphere one bit.