November 2022 PNW weather Discussion. #NoRidgeNovember

Iceresistance

3 minutes ago, HoodCanalBridge said:

It switched to rain here this morning, but within the last 15 minutes it’s switched over to full snow.   Turned my tv chair back around to face the street lamp across the street!

Can you send some of that a few feet southeast please?

28 minutes ago, MR.SNOWMIZER said:

Lol they dropped the warning here even. Meanwhile there 5 inches of snow with trees falling and cars in the dich everywhere and it continues to snow. The range of depth here is 2 inches at sea level to 5 inches at 600 ft. 

20221129_162326.jpg

20221129_160611.jpg

20221129_161507.jpg

We have today's winner. Seems likely you'll end up with 12"+. Congrats!

• Like 4
  • Snow 1

A forum for the end of the world.

39.4 here with light rain, but worse yet my rain is identifying itself actually as being 33 degree rain. So much worse. It is literally stabbing me in the back while also giving me a prolonged middle finger. What a wacky world we live in. I just stare out the window and pretend its actually snowing! I can "see" snowflakes fluttering peacefully to the ground accumulating gently on the ground below. Town folk and children gleefully walking about the Wintry landscape. A hummingbird darting to its feeder as ice starts to build in its sugar water. Yeah. It works for about 8-9 seconds, and then snap out of it feeling like a weirdo. Better chances Thursday - Friday IF we can get some cold east wind! C'MON!!!!

• Like 4
  • Rain 1

2 minutes ago, Front Ranger said:

We have today's winner. Seems likely you'll end up with 12"+. Congrats!

I don't think I will.  I think it will change to rain here before 9. We'll see but I'm D**n good at prediction for this area. The wind is picking up and that is sudden death here lots of times.

• Like 2

We come from the land of the ice and snow.

Just now, SeanNyberg said:

Ground refrozen in Issaquah. Light snow starting to pick up in intensity.

East winds howling, trees bobbing around.

Where are you in Issaquah?

• Like 1

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

7 minutes ago, MR.SNOWMIZER said:

I don't think I will.  I think it will change to rain here before 9. We'll see but I'm D**n good at prediction for this area. The wind is picking up and that is sudden death here lots of times.

Yeah, you could be a little too far south with this one. But as long as it stays snow should add up fast.

A forum for the end of the world.

2 minutes ago, Front Ranger said:

Wow, BLI still at 30.

That area up there can have some crazy transitions depending on what the wind direction is at various places.  

Still straight east here and right at freezing.  Right on the edge of freezing rain.

• Like 2

Death To Warm Anomalies!

Winter 2023-24 stats

Total Snowfall = 1.0"

Day with 1" or more snow depth = 1

Total Hail = 0.0

Total Ice = 0.2

Coldest Low = 13

Lows 32 or below = 45

Highs 32 or below = 3

Lows 20 or below = 3

Highs 40 or below = 9

2 minutes ago, snow_wizard said:

That area up there can have some crazy transitions depending on what the wind direction is at various places.  

Still straight east here and right at freezing.  Right on the edge of freezing rain.

Feels like we are getting screwed right now. Holding at 33 degrees and rain. 

edit. Should not complain to much because it snowed most of the day.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, MR.SNOWMIZER said:

Not trying to rub it in for people who weren't so lucky. Life had been tough lately so it's nice to feel happy. At 50 years old it's still magical to see it snow.

20221129_170757.jpg

Enjoy it. Each day is a gift and we don't mind as long as you share photos. 

• Like 4

Garfield County/Pomeroy, WA:

2023-2024 Snowfall totals: 14.3 inches

HIghest snow total (per event): 5.8 inches total 1/11/24 - 1/12/24.

Most recent accumulation (non trace): 0.20 inches on 2/26/24

Days with  trace or more snowfall: 12/01/23 (0.60), 1/8/24 (1.0), 1/10/24 (3.5), 1/11/23 (3.5 inches with Thundersnow; separate event from prior day), 1/12/24 (2.30). 1/14/24 (T), 1/17/24 (1.20 inches), 1/18/24 (1.5 inches), 1/19/24 (0.20), 2/09/24 (0.30), 2/26/24 (0.20-mainly graupel), 4/5/24 (T)

First Freeze: 10/27/2023

Last Sub freezing Day: 1/20/24 (12th) (8 days in a row from 1/12/24-1/20/24)

Coldest low: -12F (!!!!!!!!) (1/12/24)

Last White Christmas: 2022 at my location (on ground)

10 minutes ago, SnowWillarrive said:

Wow would not expect that up there. 

For whatever reason my area warms up really fast when these southerly pushes come through.  I'm on the edge of the outflow "cone" so I am among the first to lose the Frasier outflow.  Wind is still from the north here, but obviously the air is getting moderated from somewhere.  It went from snow to full on rain in minutes.

As Front Ranger pointed out, KBLI is still at 30, but they are in more in the center of the outflow "cone"

• Sad 3

Snow really picked up in south Seattle but turned to rain/snow mix at the top (lowest elevation) of the rainier valley. 

• Snow 1

2022-23 Winter:

11/29: .25" + 1" = 1.25" | 11/30: .25"

12/2: .2" + .5" = .7" | 12/3: .2" | 12/4: trace

12/18: .4" | 12/19: .2" + .8" = 1.0" | 12/20: .2 + 1.5" = 1.7

1/31: trace | 2/14: trace | 2/22: .2 | 2/26: 1.0"

Total: 6.7"

38/28 day here so far. Pretty impressive for late November, although I’m sure we’ll spike into at least the low 40s later tonight. We have been having easterlies all day here, avoided the brief southerlies PDX got earlier.

Looks like everywhere across the east metro had cooled down the last few hours as east winds have taken over again. Down to 36 here with some chunky rain visible on the windshield driving home.

• Like 4
  • Shivering 1

Summer ☀️ grows while Winter ❄️  goes

Still all snow here. 1.6" and counting. Also 32.2°F and rising, so the question is how long it lasts.

Right now temps are in line with what the Euro was modelling things to be; if that holds, it should stay as snow until midnight at the earliest. Expecting to wake to rain next morning, however.

• Like 2
  • Snow 1
It's called clown range for a reason.