PNW December 2022 - Part II

Guest hawkstwelve

7 minutes ago, RentonHillTC said:

Hmmm switched back to north and temp dropped 4 degrees in about 2 minutes. Suspicious. Sorry for spam posting but I’m right on the line!!!

Appreciate the updates!   Temp finally dropping here.  Down 3 degrees in the last 5 minutes.  37F

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MillCreekMike said:

Wow the precip is doing it’s best to get out of here as quick as it can. Slow down!!

Right? Lol. It sure didn’t have any problem pummeling Victoria for probably 12 hours straight. I’m actually quite interested to see what it’s like there. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, PuyallupChris said:

What on earth. It was 40 degrees in Puyallup with moderate rain. Get to lower Queen Anne, and it was 40 and raining. I walk from the parking garage to my office. Rain.

Get to my desk. 39 degrees and absolutely dumping snow. Dumping. And now I see a WWA for up to 3 inches? 

I have no idea if I should drive back home or what. 

I would considering we're going into the freezer after the snow.

• Like 1

Just now, smerfylicious said:

Finally it's snowing in Gold Bar again. East wind has done a decent job of keeping precip out since last night.

Wow... it has been absolutely dumping rain here since well before dawn.

• Sick 1

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

Wow it is nuking at my place! With the wind this feels like something you would see in the Northeast! Already picked up about half an inch since the switchover back to snow.

• Like 2

2023 - 2024 Cold Season Stats

Total Snowfall - 0.75”

Max Snow Depth - 0.5”

Coldest High Temp - 21 (Jan 13)

Coldest Low Temp - 9 (Jan 13)

Number of Freezes - 51

Sub-40 highs - 12

Highs 32 or lower - 3

6 minutes ago, SnarkyGoblin said:

I would considering we're going into the freezer after the snow.

I think I will... just did not expect this quick of a switch to snow and expected the temps would crash in late afternoon. Already down to 35 here. That's a drop of 5 degrees in an hour. Bonkers. 

Edited by PuyallupChris
Tense is important

Looks like precipitation is probably done up here. The wind will keep blowing it around for a while, though.

I'm not even gonna venture a guess. I shoveled six inches in the walkway from the front door to the driveway. Bare ground on the windward side by the cars. And waist deep in the drifts on the south side of the house.