Took this photo from the hospital yesterday but we still have snow on the north facing foothills. The south facing ones are melted.IMG_20240110_154620698_HDR.thumb.jpg.375a6673bbf2b008f8475959e68c7010.jpg

• Like 3

Garfield County/Pomeroy, WA:

2023-2024 Snowfall totals: 14.3 inches

HIghest snow total (per event): 5.8 inches total 1/11/24 - 1/12/24.

Most recent accumulation (non trace): 0.20 inches on 2/26/24

Days with  trace or more snowfall: 12/01/23 (0.60), 1/8/24 (1.0), 1/10/24 (3.5), 1/11/23 (3.5 inches with Thundersnow; separate event from prior day), 1/12/24 (2.30). 1/14/24 (T), 1/17/24 (1.20 inches), 1/18/24 (1.5 inches), 1/19/24 (0.20), 2/09/24 (0.30), 2/26/24 (0.20-mainly graupel), 4/5/24 (T)

First Freeze: 10/27/2023

Last Sub freezing Day: 1/20/24 (12th) (8 days in a row from 1/12/24-1/20/24)

Coldest low: -12F (!!!!!!!!) (1/12/24)

Last White Christmas: 2022 at my location (on ground)

Just now, TacomaWx said:

Radar looks active AF. Dark clouds building to the north of here moving this way. 

This is feeling like this front tonight might lay some good snow down. The radar is blowing up and starting to move south a little

• Like 4

We come from the land of the ice and snow.

1 minute ago, MR.SNOWMIZER said:

This is feeling like this front tonight might lay some good snow down. The radar is blowing up and starting to move south a little

Yeah maybe we’re wrong and the models are right but it sure doesn’t look like it right now. 

• Like 3

Just now, TacomaWx said:

Yeah maybe we’re wrong and the models are right but it sure doesn’t look like it right now. 

2 things that i see. The radar is lighting up faster than the last arctic front we had and this air and front is moving much faster. 

• Like 5

We come from the land of the ice and snow.

6 minutes ago, MR.SNOWMIZER said:

This is the only social media i am on. Never have ever had a facebook. I can imagine social media is tough on kids growing up.

I feel like I’ve spent a sickening amount of time on my phone this week. Mostly tracking this weather stuff. 😂 But it can definitely be distracting from the life surrounding you, and sometimes I feel like it’s just an information overload.

I have half a mind just to turn my phone off Saturday and enjoy the event. Maybe check in just a few times ;) 

• Like 5

Summer ☀️ grows while Winter ❄️  goes

1 minute ago, Cascadia_Wx said:

I feel like I’ve spent a sickening amount of time on my phone this week. Mostly tracking this weather stuff. 😂 But it can definitely be distracting from the life surrounding you, and sometimes I feel like it’s just an information overload.

I have half a mind just to turn my phone off Saturday and enjoy the event. Maybe check in just a few times ;) 

You would have half a mind to do that.

• lol 1

Radar starting to blow up right over a Seattle with some really heavy stuff just North of I-90.

IMG_0159.png

• Like 3

Everett Snowfall (510 feet elevation)

Snow since February 2019: 91"

2023-24: 6"

2022-23: 17.5"

2021-22: 17.75"

2020-21: 14.5”

2019-20: 10.5"

2018-19: 24.75"

Just now, SnowWillarrive said:

That band over 18 and 90 is intense.

ECMWF says this is the main event with the arctic front for King County.   

• Like 1
  • scream 1

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

That crack in the CZ right over Everett is so crazy to me. Literally right over my house. Like a giant middle finger from Mother Nature 😂

• Shivering 1

(Previous name: MillCreekMike)

Everett, WA (elev. 180’)

2023-2024 Snowfall:

1/11: Tr.

1/18: Tr.

Go M’s

I have a question for everyone here, why do you like snow so much? I feel like everyone here likes snow, but some of them I doubt do anything more than look at it, but yet they  still root for it. Personally I root for it because it looks nice, feels great, skiing/sledding/snowshoeing is fun, it's fun for kids, and I enjoy using my snow blower.

• Like 3

Coldest temp this winter: -7 Jan 13th

Snow depth at Mount Bachelor (last updated March 27th) 107"

Snow depth at my home (updated March 27th): none

23-24 seasonal snowfall at home (updated March 27th): 84"

1 minute ago, Sunriver Snow Zone said:

I have a question for everyone here, why do you like snow so much? I feel like everyone here likes snow, but some of them I doubt do anything more than look at it, but yet they  still root for it. Personally I root for it because it looks nice, feels great, skiing/sledding/snowshoeing is fun, it's fun for kids, and I enjoy using my snow blower.

It just makes me feel like a kid again. I like playing with my dog in the snow. He gets excited as me. 

• Like 2

PWS: https://www.wunderground.com/dashboard/pws/KWAPORTA220

2023-2024 Snow Total: 18" (6 events)

Just now, Sunriver Snow Zone said:

I'm mostly a looker, but somehow I trained my brain to release massive amounts of dopamine at the simple mention of snow as a child. So now here I am. 

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, SilverFallsAndrew said:

They experienced different challenges. If one survived early childhood you could live a decently long life. Maybe not by todays standards, but there were people in their 50s,60s, and 70s back then. The life expectancy was so low due to high childhood mortality. Of course if you got cancer, heart disease, a bad infection, etc... It was over. 

kinda like our snow chances tonight

• lol 1

29 degrees here with 12" of snow on the ground, high temp of 31.

• Like 2

Coldest temp this winter: -7 Jan 13th

Snow depth at Mount Bachelor (last updated March 27th) 107"

Snow depth at my home (updated March 27th): none

23-24 seasonal snowfall at home (updated March 27th): 84"

4 minutes ago, bainbridgekid said:

Radar starting to blow up right over a Seattle with some really heavy stuff just North of I-90.

IMG_0159.png

Great view of the western side of that band from Space Needle.

Screenshot_20240111-150139_Chrome.jpg

• bongocat-test 1

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

2 minutes ago, Sunriver Snow Zone said:

I grew up 3000 miles away and as a kid never thought I'd have the opportunity to have snow in my backyard. There is no amount of inconvenience it can bring, that will make me not wish for snow.  

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Sunriver Snow Zone said:

From when I was knee-high to a grasshopper, I've loved the snow.   For me, it's kind of the little boy in me.  But I love other types of weather, especially when it's extreme.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TT-SEA said:

ECMWF says this is the main event with the arctic front for King County.   

GFS has a little bit more for south king/pierce counties. Wouldn't surprise me if that happened. Happened last couple times with an artic event it seems.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Sunriver Snow Zone said:

I dunno, I'm waiting for Sean Nyberg to tell me how I'm supposed to feel about it.

• Like 1
  • lol 5

32 minutes ago, TT-SEA said:

Of course we are also talking about thousands of years ago... but more recently I read in detail about people making the trek along the Oregon trail.   What an ordeal that was.  

Didn't you ever play the game??

• Like 1

A forum for the end of the world.

2 minutes ago, Sunriver Snow Zone said:

I like it because it represents a break from the ordinary. If we got it frequently, I'm sure my attitude towards it would be much, much different. When I lived in Central and Eastern Washington, I barely paid attention to the forecast, rarely found myself "rooting" for snow, and generally found it to be a bit of a nuisance; cool to look at for a few minutes, but hated having to bundle up, walk up-and-down-hill in it, or scrape it from the windshield.

But that's just me.

Wind has shifted to northerly in King County now.

• Like 2

Springfield, Oregon regular season 2023-24 Stats:

• Coldest high: 25F (Jan 14, 2024)
  • Coldest low: 20F (Jan 14, 2024)
  • Days with below freezing temps: 24 (Most recent: Mar 8, 2024)
  • Days with sub-40F highs: 4 (Most recent: Jan 16, 2024)
  • Total snowfall: 0.0"
  • Total ice: 2.25”
  • Last accumulating snowfall on roads: Dec 27, 2021 (1.9")
  • Last sub-freezing high: Jan 15, 2024 (27F)
  • Last White Christmas: 1990
  • Significant wind events (gusts 45+): 0

Personal Stats:

• Last accumulating snowfall on roads: Dec 27, 2021
  • Last sub-freezing high: Jan 16, 2024 (32F)
  • Last White Christmas: 2008
  • Total snowfall since joining TheWeatherForums: 42.0"
  • Sub-freezing highs since joining TheWeatherForums: 4

Venmo

GoFundMe "College Basketball vs Epilepsy": gf.me/u/zk3pj2

My Twitter @CBBjerseys4hope